- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
York St John University looks to the future to innovate for a changing world. Those joining its postgraduate community can be part of the debates, discoveries and new ideas to push the boundaries of what's possible.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
787 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 64%
- Part Time 36%
- UK 86%
- EU 1%
- Other 12%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||15||115||130|
|Theology & Religious Studies||10||15||25|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||15||15|
|Art & Design||0||10||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||0||5|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||0||5|
|East & South Asian Studies||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Postgraduate Progression Scholarship: a 20–50% fee reduction is offered to all York St John University students graduating in 2019 and progressing onto specified taught master's courses; the value of the reduction is determined by the degree award of the student.
- Alumni discount: a 10% fee reduction for alumni who choose to return and study at a later date.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Most postgraduate students choose to live in privately rented accommodation. The university ensures students have access to a high standard of accommodation, and are treated fairly by landlords, by partaking in YorProperty, the local council's voluntary landlord accreditation scheme.
- University accommodation includes studio apartments and shared flats or houses. All are within a 20-minute walk of campus, have Wi-Fi access and 60% are en-suite. While most university accommodation is rented by undergraduate students, postgraduates can also apply for a place – but exclusive accommodation with postgraduate students cannot be guaranteed.