University of York
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for international postgraduate students who apply by the deadline; and there is good availability for all other postgraduates.
- All accommodation is on, or very close to campus and includes a range of room types, from economy shared bathroom options to premium en-suite rooms with wider beds and TVs in the shared kitchens.
- Bills, contents insurance and Wi-Fi are all included in the price.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of York offers a number of scholarships for postgraduate students; some are centrally managed and others are offered directly through individual departments, often for specific courses.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
- Research degrees offered by the University of York include PhD, MPhil, MA by research and MSc by research.
- All York's research students are supported by the Graduate Research School. The School co-ordinates training and development, careers and administrative support. It ensures supervision and training is of the highest quality, and that students receive fair and consistent treatment.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,065 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 75%
- Part Time 25%
- UK 57%
- EU 7%
- Other 37%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Historical & philosophical studies||195||275||470|
|Business & administrative studies||40||365||405|
|Engineering & technology||85||115||200|
|Creative arts & design||70||95||165|
|Subjects allied to medicine||35||100||135|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||15||20|
|Medicine & dentistry||20||0||20|
|Architecture, building & planning||5||15||20|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.