- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of York is a research-intensive university offering students the opportunity to work with world-renowned academics at the forefront of their fields. Whether as a taught or research postgraduate, studying on campus or online, students at York join a community of creative and critical thinkers. The supportive and stimulating framework at York helps students develop the professional and academic skills and an international outlook that will prepare them for their career.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,012 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 79%
- Part Time 21%
- UK 56%
- EU 6%
- Other 38%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||35||275||310|
|Accounting & Finance||0||155||155|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||65||80||145|
|Physics & Astronomy||110||30||135|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||55||55||110|
|Geography & Environmental Science||40||50||90|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||25||35||60|
|Communication & Media Studies||10||20||30|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||10||10|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||10||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of York offers a number of scholarships for postgraduate students; some are centrally managed and others are offered directly through individual departments, often for specific courses.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- There is good availability of accommodation for full-time postgraduates; accommodation is guaranteed for international postgraduate students who apply by the deadline.
- Accommodation is on, or close to campus and includes a range of room types, from studio flats to economy shared bathroom options and premium en-suite rooms with wider beds and TVs in the shared kitchens.
- Bills, contents insurance and Wi-Fi are all included in the price.